Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Linnea Strid

A Swedish artist currently living in Stockholm, Sweden

I have to admit I was losing heart trying to find this weeks artist of the week, until yesterday when, while browsing one of my favourite online magazines Juxtapoz I came across the work of Linnea Strid. To me her paintings look like the moment when the barriers go down and the pain you try to keep at arms length catches up with you. They are gorgeously fluid and wonderfully painted, you really feel the emotions that went into these paintings. The tones, the textures, the details are all so beautiful, so rich and somber. She has become one of my new painting hereos overnight and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what comes next....

websites;
main site:http://www.linneastrid.se/
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linneastrid/
juxtapoz interview(more info here): http://www.juxtapoz.com/Current/back-talk-linnea-strid

can't wash it off anymore 
Can't wash it off

too close
Too close

what we are made of
What we are made of

face me
Face me

zero(when I'm alone i cease to exist)
Zero (when I'm alone I cease to exist)

2 comments:

  1. hello little sparrow!
    your blog is just darling!
    I enjoy your array of wonderment on display!
    <3 merry christmas!
    happy blogging! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello lauren

    thankyou very much,

    they are all such wonderfully talented people, it makes me happy that exist and create in this topsy turvy world

    merry christmas to you to

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...